Cheapest 2006 Hyundai Accent Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 12, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance prices for your Hyundai Accent could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Hyundai and find the lowest price.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable protection can be fairly easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to find the lowest price on the web.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Accent insurance with certain companies.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Pieces of the Hyundai Accent insurance rate puzzle
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies generally give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Higher deductibles cost less – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be for Accent insurance.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Hyundai Accent earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as doctors, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as actors, historians and the unemployed get better rates for Accent insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to know if you need help
When choosing coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my Hyundai Accent covered if I use it for business?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages for a Hyundai Accent
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Accent resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, pain and suffering, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like pain medications, surgery, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
At the end of the day…
Discount 2006 Hyundai Accent insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area