Cheapest 2006 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Honda Pilot? Have you fallen victim to overpriced insurance coverage? Believe me, you’re not alone.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the lowest price insurer.
Insurance Prices Online
All major insurance companies give prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you just enter your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price. Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to find the lowest possible prices on insurance.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to lower your insurance bill uses one form that obtains quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much simpler. As soon as you send your information, it is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you’re receiving rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Pilot insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I total my 2006 Honda Pilot and owe more than it’s worth?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Pieces of the Honda Pilot insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurance companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Pilot from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2006 Honda Pilot.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, bail bonds and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be a money saver!
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Affordable 2006 Honda Pilot insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- >Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area