Cheapest 2006 Ford Freestar Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Ford Freestar? Finding better rates for insurance is always a challenge for consumers new to comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest price.
Cheap Insurance Coverage Comparisons
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest 2006 Ford Freestar insurance rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for every insurance coverage company. One form submission will get you price quotes instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of going to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare Auto-Owners, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare exactly the same coverages for every company. If you are comparing different values for each quote you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. Keep in mind that more quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my 2006 Ford Freestar need full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Freestar.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, court costs and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, policy non-renewal and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Cost effective 2006 Ford Freestar insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area