Cheapest 2006 BMW 7 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your BMW 7 Series? Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can drain your savings account and force you to make sacrifices. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare company pricing.
It’s a great practice to check auto insurance prices periodically since rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on 7 Series insurance last year a different company probably has better rates today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The purpose of this article is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Vehicle owners just need to learn the tricks to compare company rates on the web.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a BMW 7 Series
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Insurance companies generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2006 BMW 7 Series by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage will protect you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Just one ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on 7 Series insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in every state.
Insurance myths debunked
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you switch your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements must pay higher rates which leads to business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on BMW 7 Series insurance.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a BMW 7 Series
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your BMW 7 Series.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, vandalism and hitting a deer. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your 7 Series caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Smart consumers save more
When shopping online for insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on 2006 BMW 7 Series insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area