Cheapest 2005 GMC Envoy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your GMC Envoy? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper methods to buy car insurance on the web.
GMC Envoy rates are complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Envoy insurance.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto your insurance can break the bank. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. If your policy improperly rates your Envoy can cost quite a bit.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest?
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 2005 GMC Envoy car insurance but one way is less time-consuming than others. You can spend countless hours driving to agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company then returns a price quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote requests to every company. To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose which providers to get pricing from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare exactly the same coverage limits on every quote you get. If you compare different deductibles it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Drivers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make an identical promise of big savings if you change your policy.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest GMC Envoy insurance rates.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies do not list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Envoy insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your GMC can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, click here to view.
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2005 GMC Envoy to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your Envoy caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, pain medications, hospital visits and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, pain and suffering and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Budget-conscious 2005 GMC Envoy insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information can be found below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area