Cheapest 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can dwindle your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Since consumers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be diffult for consumers to find the best car insurance company.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better insurance rates for Ram pickup insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Ram pickup insurance with a few insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurers offering insurance discounts, click here to view.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, attorney fees and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for things like pain medications, surgery, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
And the best car insurance company is…
Cheap 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
You just read many ways to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area