Cheapest 2005 Acura MDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Acura MDX? Purchasing the most affordable insurance coverage over the internet is difficult for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. With a ridiculous number of online companies, how can drivers effectively compare every company to locate the lowest rates?
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Pricing more affordable coverage is simple if you know the tricks. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for MDX insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on insurance for MDX insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
- American Family
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 2005 Acura MDX rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. A single form will get you rate comparisons from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates is going to each individual company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and GEICO. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to different agent offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples quote information with every price quote. If you compare differing limits it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to know if you need help
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the same claim about savings if you move to them. How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will have to pay higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Because of the profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Acura MDX insurance rates.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as doctor visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Acura MDX.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your MDX resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, attorney fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Quote more. Save more.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to reduce 2005 Acura MDX insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a small mutual company.
Cheap insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company is not as hard as you think.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area