Cheapest 2004 Dodge Sprinter Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Dodge Sprinter? If you’ve never shopped for car insurance online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed due to the large number of online companies offering insurance.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around yearly because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rates on Sprinter coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to save on car insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. The purpose of this post is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes. Nevertheless, drivers must understand how big insurance companies market on the web.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Sprinter coverage.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying insurance on Sprinter coverage.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click here.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to find the lowest 2004 Dodge Sprinter rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating a different quote to each individual insurance company. A single form will get you rate comparisons from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to each individual company website to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from USAA, Safeco and Allstate. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages and limits for each price quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Dodge Sprinter. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Factors that can influence Dodge Sprinter insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into rates.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2004 Dodge Sprinter by improving your credit score.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Dodge Sprinter has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Dodge from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance coverage will be on Sprinter coverage.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2004 Dodge Sprinter?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them. How does each company make the same claim?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A propective insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Sprinter insurance rates.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2004 Dodge Sprinter.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, hail damage, hitting a bird, damage from flooding and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, EMT expenses, surgery and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Take this to the bank
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount 2004 Dodge Sprinter insurance is possible online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance coverage company is less work than it seems.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area