Cheapest 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT? Are you a victim of overpriced insurance? Believe me when I say there are many people just like you. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the definite lowest price
Discounts can save BIG
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that may have these benefits are:
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in your state.
How to Get Insurance Coverage
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can take hours if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each participating company returns a rated price based on that information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing the exact same coverages for every company. If you have mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Chevy TrailBlazer EXT.
Parts of the Chevy TrailBlazer EXT rate equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurers provide better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the Chevy TrailBlazer EXT is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your TrailBlazer EXT can cost quite a bit. Double check that your car insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT by improving your credit score.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage covers damage to your TrailBlazer EXT from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills such as ambulance fees, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy TrailBlazer EXT.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, legal defense fees, emergency aid, medical services and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Best coverage at the best price
We covered a lot of information how to shop for 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area