Cheapest 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet TrailBlazer? Expensive auto insurance can drain your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand how to shop on the web.
Your Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rate is a complex equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for TrailBlazer insurance.
- A clean driving record saves money – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your TrailBlazer policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chevy TrailBlazer scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- How your age affects price – Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as lawyers, executives and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers receive lower rates for TrailBlazer insurance.
Low Cost Car Insurance
Comparing car insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many popular insurance companies participate in an industry program that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company then returns a price quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for every car insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The only drawback to doing it this way is you cannot specify the companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits with each company. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate.
Save $438 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all make an identical promise about savings if you move to their company.
How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
How to save on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for TrailBlazer insurance than drivers with accident claims.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Does my 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer qualify for pleasure use?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your TrailBlazer caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, pain medications, hospital visits and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Get your money’s worth
We just showed you some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area