Cheapest 2003 Volkswagen Golf Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when they are paying too much. Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest rate
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just need to understand how to compare prices over the internet.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Rates
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get prices on the web. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their system gets reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on many factors. Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best price possible.
A less time-consuming method to compare rates utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from many companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. It only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings after switching to their company.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This illustrates why you should compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Golf insurance.
Why your Volkswagen Golf insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Where you reside plays a part – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Credit history is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2003 Volkswagen Golf by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Golf insurance.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Only having one citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates on Golf insurance.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2003 Volkswagen Golf?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, vandalism and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, nursing services, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
We just covered many ideas to reduce 2003 Volkswagen Golf insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area