Cheapest 2003 Subaru Forester Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Subaru Forester? Nobody enjoys paying for insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
Best discounts on 2003 Subaru Forester coverage
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Forester coverage with certain companies.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance for Forester coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply everywhere.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
There are several ways of comparing rates from local insurance coverage companies. The easiest way to find competitive 2003 Subaru Forester insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online is going to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Farmers, Esurance and Allstate. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps locate the best price.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2003 Subaru Forester?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance specifics
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Forester resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Forester.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for dental work, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Find Good Coverage for Less
You just read many ways to reduce 2003 Subaru Forester insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Discount insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area