Cheapest 2003 Saab 9-5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Saab 9-5? Perplexed by the crazy number of insurance companies? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to find the best price.
It’s a good habit to compare prices quite often because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest price for 9-5 insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to slash your insurance rates.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Saab could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on insurance for 9-5 insurance.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways to compare quotes from insurance companies in your area. The best method to find the cheapest 2003 Saab 9-5 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms to each individual insurance company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For example, let’s say you want rates from USAA, Liberty Mutual and GEICO. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare exactly the same information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps you find better pricing.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2003 Saab 9-5?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Should I rate my 2003 Saab 9-5 as pleasure use or commute?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your 9-5 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2003 Saab 9-5.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding, fire damage, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for dental work, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, surgery and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Affordable insurance is out there
You just read quite a bit of information on how to compare 2003 Saab 9-5 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be read below:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area