Cheapest 2003 Mercury Marauder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Mercury Marauder? Tired of being strong-armed each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners.
You have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
It’s a great practice to compare prices quite often since insurance rates change regularly. If you had the lowest price on Marauder insurance last year a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on Marauder insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Marauder insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes is to know all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your education level, types of safety features, and driver ages. That information is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate immediately.
To find the cheapest 2003 Mercury Marauder insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Mercury Marauder insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If the Mercury Marauder scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurers provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and dentists have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed get better rates on Marauder insurance.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance is the protection when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2003 Mercury Marauder is totaled?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Drivers who switch save $463 a year? Really?
Auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them. But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for dental work, surgery, ambulance fees, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage covers damage to your Marauder caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercury Marauder.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, medical services, funeral expenses, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on 2003 Mercury Marauder insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area