Cheapest 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 15, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance rates change quite often. Just because you had the best price on SierraHD insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to save on auto insurance.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your GMC Sierra 2500HD
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse actually saves money on car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
There are several ways to compare GMC Sierra 2500HD auto insurance prices but one way is more efficient than others. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for every auto insurance company. To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of system is you can’t choose which companies to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using identical information with every price quote. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverage limits may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Don’t listen to company ads
Insurance coverage providers like Allstate and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you change your policy. How do they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk might be over the age of 40, owns a home, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance rates.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better insurance coverage rates on SierraHD insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on SierraHD insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to know if you need help
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your GMC Sierra 2500HD.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, loss of income, medical expenses, medical services and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, surgery and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
You can do this!
Cost effective 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area