Cheapest 2003 Chevrolet Astro Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Chevy Astro insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Chevy and find the lowest price.
You should take the time to compare prices on a regular basis because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest price on Astro coverage a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
Cutting your insurance coverage rates can be quick and easy. All you need to do is invest a little time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
One of the best ways to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate forms to each individual insurance coverage company. Completing one form will return quotes from multiple companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The least efficient way to compare rates is to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples information for each price quote. If you have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Chevy Astro.
Chevy Astro insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Astro may be costing you. Double check that your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance coverage. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2003 Chevrolet Astro by repairing your credit.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Increase deductibles and save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Astro coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Astro coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM Coverage – This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chevy Astro.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, structural damage and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Astro caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, doctor visits, dental work, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The bottom line
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on 2003 Chevy Astro insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area