Cheapest 2003 Audi A6 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you’re not alone.
Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Comparison of Insurance
All the larger insurance companies quote coverage prices on their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the system obtains your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors. Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to many different websites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the best price possible.
There is a better way to compare rates
The quickest way to lower your insurance bill utilizes a single form that gets prices from multiple companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much easier. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any or none of the quotes returned. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and can result in significant savings.
To use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Audi A6 rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, students and the unemployed get better rates on A6 coverage.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on A6 coverage.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Take discounts and save
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on car insurance on A6 coverage.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates on A6 coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on A6 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your A6 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, court costs, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for things like chiropractic care, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, fire damage, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Power to the consumer
Discount 2003 Audi A6 insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area