Cheapest 2002 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for the most affordable auto insurance over the internet is impossible for beginners to shopping for insurance online. With dozens of choices, how can you effectively compare them all to find the best price?
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Basically, everyone who buys insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Although car owners do need to understand the way companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Camry coverage depending on your company.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2002 Toyota Camry is worth?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2002 Toyota Camry is totaled?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you move to their company. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, you should compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota Camry.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Camry from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, bail bonds, emergency aid, funeral expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for funeral costs, chiropractic care, surgery, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Shop Smart and Save
Discount 2002 Toyota Camry insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area