View 2002 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Subaru Impreza insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Subaru and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It’s important to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates on Impreza insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Compare Car Insurance Today
There are multiple methods to compare 2002 Subaru Impreza car insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get the quickest rates.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is you are unable to specify the insurers to get pricing from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverages on every quote you get. If you have different deductibles then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Do drivers who switch really save $483 a year?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you switch to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully make those claims. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Subaru Impreza insurance rates.
Factors determining your Subaru Impreza insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Impreza policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can get you a discount when buying insurance coverage. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where you reside plays a part – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurance coverage companies give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Subaru. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Impreza insurance.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates on Impreza insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Subaru can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learn about insurance coverages for a Subaru Impreza
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, dental work and EMT expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, theft, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This pays for damage to your Impreza caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Impreza.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, medical services and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
In any little way, save everyday
Cheaper 2002 Subaru Impreza insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area