2002 Pontiac Sunfire Car Insurance Cost – 10 Tips for Cheaper Prices
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Pontiac Sunfire? Cutting costs on insurance coverage can seem to be nearly impossible for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many choices that it can turn into a ton of work to find lower rates.
It’s important to shop coverage around every six months because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Sunfire coverage two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance coverage online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to find affordable insurance coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Shopping for affordable auto insurance coverage can be fairly easy. Although consumers should learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
Most major insurance companies give coverage price quotes on their websites. This process is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on many factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
The better way to compare rates
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form that gets price quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the pricing results.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. It just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
Pay less for Pontiac Sunfire insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on Sunfire coverage.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- 21st Century
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a Pontiac Sunfire
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Pontiac Sunfire.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses such as hospital visits, pain medications, surgery, funeral costs and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Sunfire resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Save your hard earned cash
Cost effective 2002 Pontiac Sunfire insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area