Cheapest 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one likes having to buy insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate possible.
You should make it a habit to compare prices every six months because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal for Bravada insurance six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Cut prices on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
Double check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Oldsmobile Bravada.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, chiropractic care, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Bravada from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Be a penny pincher
Cheap 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about insurance is located below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area