Cheapest 2002 Kia Sportage Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Kia Sportage insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Drivers have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, click here to view.
You may need specialized coverage
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2002 Kia Sportage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sportage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, dental work, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, structural damage, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your Sportage caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Cheap 2002 Kia Sportage insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area