Cheapest 2002 Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates? Consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Jaguar XJ-Series insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages on a Jaguar and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Car Insurance Prices
There are multiple methods to compare 2002 Jaguar XJ-Series car insurance quotes, and some are more efficient than others. You could waste time talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each participating company can provide price quotes. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each company. To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which insurance companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies to compare, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples information for every quote you compare. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on XJ-Series insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on XJ-Series insurance with select insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on XJ-Series insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my 2002 Jaguar XJ-Series covered for flood damage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Complexity of Jaguar XJ-Series insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Jaguar from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on XJ-Series insurance.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like doctors, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates on XJ-Series insurance.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2002 Jaguar XJ-Series by improving your credit score.
- A clean driving record saves money – Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have dangerous citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads have a common claim of big savings if you change to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can make those claims. That is why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Jaguar XJ-Series insurance rates.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your XJ-Series resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, fire damage and hitting a deer. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, legal defense fees, pain and suffering, medical services and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as ambulance fees, funeral costs, X-ray expenses, pain medications and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
One last thing about your coverage
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2002 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Low-cost insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area