Cheapest 2002 Acura TL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates? Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Acura TL insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Acura and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
Compare Insurance Today
Getting better 2002 Acura TL insurance pricing can be quick and easy. All you need to do is invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do a different quote for every insurance company. Completing one form will return price quotes from multiple companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes consists of visiting each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, State Farm and Farmers. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare apples-to-apples quote information for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Acura TL.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I total my 2002 Acura TL and owe more than it’s worth?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, emergency aid, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Acura TL.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your TL resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area