Cheapest 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates? Drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for your Toyota and obtain the lowest possible price.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around occasionally since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best rates on MR2 Spyder coverage on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you the best methods to lower your annual insurance bill.
Toyota MR2 Spyder rates are in the details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Not having insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder car insurance, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could spend your day driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and every company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose which insurance companies you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverages on every quote you get. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you move to their company.
How do they all make the same claim?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who do not match the requirements must pay higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which insurance coverage company will provide you with the cheapest Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance rates.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on MR2 Spyder coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder is worth?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, court costs and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota MR2 Spyder.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for pain medications, nursing services and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Save your hard earned cash
Budget-conscious 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered some good ideas how to save on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area