Cheapest 2001 Pontiac Firebird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of paying out the nose to insure your Pontiac every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers.
Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the lowest rate
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Although drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Parts of the Pontiac Firebird rate equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Firebird may be wasting your money.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 2001 Pontiac Firebird by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Pontiac is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress and long work days. Other occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates on Firebird coverage.
How to Compare Auto Insurance
Most companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. This makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to many different websites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to do this in order to find the best price possible.
There is an easier way!
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form that gets prices from several companies at one time. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching to them. How do they all make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards will be quoted higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Pontiac Firebird insurance.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Firebird coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, attorney fees, court costs and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like doctor visits, pain medications, ambulance fees, dental work and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Firebird.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Do the work, save more money
Cheap 2001 Pontiac Firebird insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area