Cheapest 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Eclipse? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Big companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm persitently shower you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to compare prices at least once a year since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price for Eclipse coverage a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to quit paying high car insurance rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Nevertheless, vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes requires you to visit the website for each individual company and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, 21st Century and State Farm. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare apples-to-apples coverages for each price quote. If the quotes have different values for each quote it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Mitsubishi Eclipse. Just a small difference in limits can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
What determines your Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies award lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse actually saves money on your insurance policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Mitsubishi Eclipse scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What if I total my 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse and owe more than it’s worth?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, a broken windshield, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This covers damage to your Eclipse resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, X-ray expenses and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, legal defense fees, medical services and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Have money to burn
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area