Cheapest 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Hyundai Tiburon insurance can dwindle your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill. Big companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
You should take the time to compare rates yearly since rates change frequently. Even if you got the best price for Tiburon insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the proper way to save on insurance coverage.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Consumers just need to know the tricks to shop their coverage around on the web.
Pay less for Hyundai Tiburon insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance for Tiburon insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates for Tiburon insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Student in College – Kids in college who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, click this link.
Why your Hyundai Tiburon insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine your insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Hyundai from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be for Tiburon insurance.
- Where you live – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Hyundai has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2001 Hyundai Tiburon by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates for Tiburon insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2001 Hyundai Tiburon?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
The car insurance bait and switch
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise about savings if you switch to their company.
How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
That is why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Hyundai Tiburon insurance rates.
Car insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Tiburon.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, loss of income and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Tiburon from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like dental work, doctor visits, nursing services and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, hail damage, damage from flooding, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Feed the piggy bank
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Cost effective 2001 Hyundai Tiburon insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area