Cheapest 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheap insurance on the internet may be impossible for beginners to comparison shopping online. With such a large number of online companies, how can anyone possibly compare them all to find the lowest price?
You should make it a habit to compare rates periodically since rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Ram pickup insurance a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to buy cheaper insurance.
Factors that can influence Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Your location is important – Living in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Special features that cut premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies provide lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if you have an active license, your job, if it has an anti-theft system, and marital status. That information is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 , click here and enter your zip code.
Is there deception in advertising?
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you change to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be a mature driver, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Ram pickup insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings when buying insurance on Ram pickup insurance.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I rate my 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability car insurance – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, medical expenses, medical services, funeral expenses and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like ambulance fees, pain medications, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, rock chips in glass, fire damage and hitting a bird. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, poor customer service and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (DallasCoverage.com)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area