Cheapest 2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance on the internet can be difficult for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. Because there are so many online companies available, how can drivers possibly compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best price for Econoline Wagon coverage a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some tested techniques to find cheap auto insurance.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. In a nutshell, everyone who is required by state law to have insurance most likely will be able to reduce their rates. But drivers need to learn the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Ford Econoline Wagon insurance rates are influenced by…
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Just one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Econoline Wagon coverage.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married helps lower the price on insurance. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 Ford Econoline Wagon by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Ford is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes utilizes the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including how much coverage you want, whether you drive to work or school, an estimate of your credit level, and the make and model of your vehicles. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
Get lower rates on Ford Econoline Wagon insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Econoline Wagon coverage than drivers with accident claims.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2000 Ford Econoline Wagon.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Econoline Wagon resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, court costs, pain and suffering, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
A penny saved is a penny earned
The cheapest 2000 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance is definitely available online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with an unexpected company.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area