Cheapest 1999 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced 1999 Volkswagen Passat car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online, and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Volkswagen and obtain the best price possible.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Most companies, such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm quote insurance quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as you just type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
Online quotes make comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to find the best price on insurance coverage.
A more efficient way to lower your rates requires only one form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. The form is fast, helps eliminate repetitive entry, and makes quoting online much simpler. After sending the form, it is rated, and you are able to buy your choice of the price quotes you receive.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
To find out if lower rates are available, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate coverage and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will get comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Passat coverage.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance on Passat coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Passat coverage with certain companies.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to bad drivers.
It’s important to understand that some credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverage such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Auto-Owners Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in your state.
There’s no such thing as the perfect 1999 Volkswagen Passat Car Insurance policy
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent.
Pieces of the 1999 Volkswagen Passat Car Insurance rate puzzle
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel, so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver to their policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurance companies will award you lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven in a year, the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance declaration sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle. If your policy is improperly rated, your Passat may be wasting your money.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1999 Volkswagen Passat by improving your rating. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collisions, so do not cut corners here.
Do insurance coverage companies bend the truth?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change to them.
How does each company say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as someone between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A prospective insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t meet the requirements will be charged a higher premium which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise their savings.
That is why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several companies. You cannot predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverage of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1999 Volkswagen Passat.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally, these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provides coverage for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck by a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies, then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it for vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible, then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, hail damage, vandalism, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Don’t break the bank looking for 1999 Volkswagen Passat Car Insurance
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce 1999 Volkswagen Passat insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a small local company.
Discount insurance is definitely available both online, in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST value of 1999 Volkswagen passat insurance at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area