Cheapest 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight? Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies? You’re not the only one! Drivers have so many options that it can be more work than you anticipated to find better rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates for Eighty-Eight insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Most companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. This process doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system requests credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these factors.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
The easy way to compare rates
A quicker way to find lower prices makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the quotes returned.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
These factors can influence what you pay for Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Eighty-Eight insurance.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight by improving your rating.
- Your insurance coverage rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Careers like lawyers, executives and accountants have higher rates than average attributed to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and homemakers get better rates for Eighty-Eight insurance.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight covered if I use it for business?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- If my 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage covers damage to your Eighty-Eight resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, medical services and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, hitting a deer, falling objects, damage from flooding and theft. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, surgery and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Buy online or local, you save
Discount 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area