Cheapest 1999 Lexus LS 400 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your Lexus LS 400? Finding cheap auto insurance on the web may be difficult for beginners to comparing rates online. With such a large number of companies competing online, how can drivers have a chance to compare them all to find the best price?
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on LS 400 coverage with select insurance companies.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on LS 400 coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Your Lexus LS 400 insurance rate is a complex equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on car insurance. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy on your 1999 LS 400 policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be on LS 400 coverage.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Is there deception in advertising?
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to have a common claim about savings after switching to them. But how can every company claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will have to pay higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Lexus LS 400 insurance rates.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1999 Lexus LS 400.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your LS 400 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Affordable 1999 Lexus LS 400 insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area