Cheapest 1999 Ford Crown Victoria Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the most affordable car insurance on the web can be intimidating for people who are new to comparing rates online. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can you effectively compare every company to locate the lowest price for your Ford Crown auto insurance premium?
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
Most companies give pricing online. Getting online rates is pretty painless as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system collects credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after a while. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
A more efficient way to lower your rates requires only one form that obtains quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can choose any one of the quote results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, click here to open a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Crown Victoria coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better insurance rates for Crown Victoria coverage.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Crown Victoria coverage.
Consumers should know that most of the big markdowns will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision, or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click this link.
Factors That Can Determine Your Ford Crown Victoria Insurance Premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Older drivers pay less – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage of your Crown Victoria may be wasting your money.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving, a hit and run, or driving under the influence may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Ford from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Crown Victoria coverage.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. It means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Crown Victoria policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money if this is the case.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Don’t Assume Everyone Needs the Same Coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1999 Ford Crown Victoria is worth?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Slick Advertising Tricks That Work
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate, and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them. How does each company make the same claim?
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as a mature driver, who has no tickets and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who do not match the requirements will be charged more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. That is why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Ford Crown Victoria insurance.
Insurance Coverage Considerations
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collisions. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, and hitting a bird. The highest amount an insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from legal claims by others and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, medical expenses, legal defense fees, and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Protection
This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 1999 Ford Crown Victoria.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medpay and Personal Injury Protection
Medical payments and personal injury protection insurance kick in for expenses such as ambulance fees, nursing services, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Crown Victoria resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, and sustaining damage from a pothole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Be a Smart Shopper
Lower-priced 1999 Ford Crown Victoria insurance is definitely available both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies that do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, or even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier.
Much more information about auto insurance is located at the links below
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area