Cheapest 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Monte Carlo? Using the web to shop for insurance coverage might seem complicated at first if you’re new to online quoting. Don’t let that stop you because finding affordable coverage online is easier than you think.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance companies in your area, or you could use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
All the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and every company returns a rated price. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each individual car insurance company.
To compare 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo rates now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using identical coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
Save on Chevy Monte Carlo insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive reduced rates for Monte Carlo insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Monte Carlo insurance with select insurance companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance for Monte Carlo insurance.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state.
Chevy Monte Carlo rate determination is complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Chevy from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Monte Carlo insurance.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- How’s your driving record? – Only having one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance coverage. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Monte Carlo may be costing you.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Is there deception in advertising?
Insurance coverage providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings.
This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Monte Carlo insurance rates.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism, hail damage, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Monte Carlo resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Monte Carlo.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, court costs, funeral expenses and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Be a money saver!
Budget-conscious 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
When you buy insurance online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area