Cheapest 1999 Buick Park Avenue Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your Buick Park Avenue? Finding lower premiums on car insurance can seem to be challenging for beginners to comparison shopping online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
Your Buick Park Avenue insurance rate is a complex equation
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Companies provide lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be on Park Avenue insurance.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Buick Park Avenue scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Park Avenue may be wasting your money.
Save on 1999 Buick Park Avenue insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked about before they will apply.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Park Avenue insurance than drivers with accidents.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- College Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on Park Avenue insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1999 Buick Park Avenue?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1999 Buick Park Avenue is worth?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1999 Buick Park Avenue?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for EMT expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Buick Park Avenue.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Park Avenue from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
A tidy conclusion
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for 1999 Buick Park Avenue insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
Affordable insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area