Cheapest 1999 Acura CL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding lower rates for insurance coverage is a challenge for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. You have so many choices that it can quickly become a lot of work to find lower rates.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
Most companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive quote prices for coverage directly from their websites. The process is pretty easy as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system requests your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. But it is imperative to do this in order to find the lowest price.
The quickest way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form to return rates from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much simpler. After your information is entered, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes returned.
If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison based on similar coverages.
Why your Acura CL might be costing you more
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated CL may be costing you. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura CL has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- What are your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Acura from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on CL insurance.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Save big with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as hospital visits, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura CL.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your CL from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, hail damage, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Spend less. Save more.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on 1999 Acura CL insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area