Cheapest 1998 Mercury Mystique Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced Mercury Mystique insurance can overdraw your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to tighten up your finances. Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the absolute lowest price
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to know the proper methods to shop on the web.
Why your Mercury Mystique insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 1998 Mercury Mystique by improving your rating.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and homemakers pay the least for Mystique insurance.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a rural area can save you money when talking about insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates is to know the trick auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including deductibles desired, how your vehicles are used, what you do for a living, and driver ages. The data is submitted instantly to all major companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
Discounts to lower Mercury Mystique insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Mystique insurance depending on your company.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1998 Mercury Mystique to commute?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1998 Mercury Mystique?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1998 Mercury Mystique?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, medical expenses, funeral expenses and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, falling objects, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Mystique.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Mystique resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like funeral costs, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
One last thing about your coverage
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your 1998 Mercury Mystique insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area