Cheapest 1998 Honda Civic Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Honda Civic? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced insurance coverage? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
You have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
There are a variety of methods to compare 1998 Honda Civic insurance quotes, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to achieve your goal.
All the larger companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company.
To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to using this type of form is you cannot specify the insurers you want to price. So if you want to select from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using exactly the same quote information for each price quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it will be impossible to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just remember that quoting more will enable you to find the best offered rates.
What determines your Honda Civic insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the factors that factor into prices.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Civic can cost quite a bit. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Honda earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your location is important – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurers will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
Discounts to lower Honda Civic insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy on Civic coverage.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1998 Honda Civic is totaled?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like hospital visits, EMT expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 1998 Honda Civic.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, theft, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Quote more, save more
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare 1998 Honda Civic insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
The cheapest insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area