Cheapest 1998 Ford E-350 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates for your Ford E-350? Confused by the dozens of insurance coverage options? Lot’s of other consumers are too. There are so many options that it can turn into a challenge to find better rates.
Finding the best coverage is simple if you know the tricks. In a nutshell, anyone who carries insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. Although drivers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for E-350 insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The best way to find the lowest 1998 Ford E-350 rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will get you price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates consists of going to each company’s website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, GEICO and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison for your Ford E-350. Slightly different limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best rates.
These factors can influence Ford E-350 insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your E-350 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy is showing the correct driver usage.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, surgery, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford E-350.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your E-350 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
When you buy insurance online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 1998 Ford E-350 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheap insurance can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read at these sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area