Cheapest 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the best price on car insurance can be a challenge if you have never used online price comparisons. But relax because there is an easy way to compare rates.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Finding the cheapest auto insurance can be fairly easy. Although drivers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies sell insurance online.
Chevy S-10 rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for S-10 insurance.
- Lower rates come with age – Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations like judges, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for S-10 insurance.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurers provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Comparison of Insurance
All the larger insurance companies quote pricing directly from their websites. Getting online rates is quite easy as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest insurance rates.
There is a better way to compare rates
The smarter way to find cheaper rates uses one form that gets price quotes from more than one company. It saves time, requires less work, and makes quoting online much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process takes 15 minutes at the most and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you want to compare rates now, click here and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for S-10 insurance.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, falling objects, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your S-10 caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 1998 Chevy S-10 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Low-cost insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Additional information can be found below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area