Cheapest 1998 Buick Riviera Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates for your Buick Riviera? Expensive insurance coverage can dwindle your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around quite often due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Riviera coverage two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Comparison of Car Insurance
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can take time and effort if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could use the internet to maximize your effort.
Most car insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each participating company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each individual car insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge for 1998 Buick Riviera insurance click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose which providers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare identical coverage limits for every company. If each company quotes different liability limits then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverages may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Riviera coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Pieces of the Buick Riviera insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
How can State Farm, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Insurance coverage providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. They all have a common claim about savings if you change to their company. How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile will be charged higher rates which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully claim big savings. That is why you need to compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Buick Riviera insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a 1998 Buick Riviera
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Riviera caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Buick Riviera.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Buy Smart and Save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for 1998 Buick Riviera insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area