Cheapest 1997 Pontiac Firebird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance for a Pontiac Firebird could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance coverage and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Pontiac and get the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around at least once a year since rates change frequently. Just because you found the best price on Firebird coverage on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance coverage on the internet, so I’m going to show you some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
Finding the best protection is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Consumers only need to know the proper way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance rates on Firebird coverage.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance on Firebird coverage.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
How to Get Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a lower price on 1997 Pontiac Firebird insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is take the time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry to each individual auto insurance company. One form will get you rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices requires a trip to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from Nationwide, State Farm and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using identical coverage limits on every quote. If you compare different deductibles it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1997 Pontiac Firebird?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1997 Pontiac Firebird?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 1997 Pontiac Firebird
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, falling objects, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for doctor visits, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 1997 Pontiac Firebird.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Firebird caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
More quotes. Lower rates.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Cost effective 1997 Pontiac Firebird insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area