Cheapest 1997 Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Nissan Pathfinder insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Nissan and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. This information will tell you how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Drivers only need an understanding of how to get comparison quotes on the web.
How to Get Cheap Car Insurance
Getting a lower price on 1997 Nissan Pathfinder insurance can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each company. One quote request gets you coverage quotes from several companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to shop for car insurance online consists of visiting the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Liberty Mutual and American Family. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits for every company. If you enter different liability limits it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison for your Nissan Pathfinder.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all say the same thing that you can save if you move to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards must pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This illustrates why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Pathfinder insurance.
Parts of the Nissan Pathfinder rate equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- With age comes lower rates – Young drivers are known to be more careless when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver to your policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy on Pathfinder coverage.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Pathfinder coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates on Pathfinder coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Is my situation unique?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I rate my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, fire damage, damage from flooding and hail damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Pathfinder caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as nursing services, dental work and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, medical services, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Save for a rainy day
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, policy cancellation or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for 1997 Nissan Pathfinder insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area