Cheapest 1997 Lexus SC 400 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Price shopping your auto insurance can seem to be challenging for people who are new to buying insurance online. People have so many options that it can quickly become a big hassle to compare prices.
It’s important to get comparison quotes yearly because rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price for SC 400 insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to Compare Insurance Rates
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to find the cheapest 1997 Lexus SC 400 insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every insurance company. Just one form will return quotes instantly. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates is going to each company’s website to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, State Farm and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote. If you use differing limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Lexus SC 400. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find better pricing.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive better auto insurance rates for SC 400 insurance.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my 1997 Lexus SC 400 covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Lexus SC 400
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine rates.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies award lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for SC 400 insurance.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1997 Lexus SC 400 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Car insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, it is so important to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which company will provide you with the cheapest Lexus SC 400 insurance rates.
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for doctor visits, dental work, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lexus SC 400.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This covers damage to your SC 400 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, damage from flooding, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Cost effective 1997 Lexus SC 400 insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
We just presented many ideas to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area