Cheapest 1997 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a Jeep Wrangler can be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy. There is a better way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates on a Jeep and get the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details such as which vehicles you own, driver ages, whether or not you need a SR-22, and whether you have decent credit. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates immediately.
To find lower rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts are:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
How to know if you need help
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1997 Jeep Wrangler?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Wrangler.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Wrangler caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, dental work and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, court costs, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More quotes. Lower rates.
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce 1997 Jeep Wrangler insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cost effective insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area