Cheapest 1997 GMC Suburban Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates for your GMC Suburban? If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, it’s easy to be confused by the hoards of online car insurance companies and websites all offering big savings.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Locating cheaper coverage is simple if you know the tricks. But car owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies market on the web.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Suburban insurance depending on your company.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Suburban insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Car insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all have a common claim of big savings if you switch to them. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be charged higher rates and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest GMC Suburban insurance rates.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your GMC Suburban.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for dental work, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Suburban resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
More choices the merrier
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-conscious 1997 GMC Suburban insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area