Cheapest 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of being strong-armed to insure your Dodge every month? You are no different than many other drivers.
Because you have many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to locate the lowest cost insurer.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices occasionally since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rates on Ram pickup coverage a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online, so I’m going to show you some of the best ways to find affordable auto insurance.
Save big with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
And the best car insurance company is…
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Budget-conscious 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Charlotte? (CarolinaAutoGuard.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area