Cheapest 1993 Toyota Supra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates for your Toyota Supra? No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Since consumers have many choices of insurance companies, it can be impossible to find the lowest cost provider.
Buying the cheapest insurance coverage coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Car Insurance Prices
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste a few hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could use the internet to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and at least one company provides a quote determined by their information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To use this form to compare 1993 Toyota Supra insurance rates click to open in new window.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which carriers to receive prices from. So if you want to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage information for each price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Toyota Supra.
How can Allstate and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Drivers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by Allstate and Progressive. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest Toyota Supra insurance rates.
Factors determining your Toyota Supra insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Toyota Supra earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Toyota from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Supra insurance.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1993 Toyota Supra by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most auto insurance companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Supra insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurers with the best insurance discounts, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my 1993 Toyota Supra qualify for pleasure use?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like doctor visits, nursing services, EMT expenses, funeral costs and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 1993 Toyota Supra.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, attorney fees and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, hitting a bird, damage from flooding, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
A penny earned…
Low-cost 1993 Toyota Supra insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area