Cheapest 1993 Buick Century Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
Since consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to choose the most affordable car insurance company.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest 1993 Buick Century insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do separate forms for every insurance company. One quote request gets you price quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
- Another way to shop for insurance online is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Esurance and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method of comparing rate quotes is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you want the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare identical quote information on every quote. If you have different liability limits it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when comparing insurance rates, know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1993 Buick Century?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Buick Century.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and fire damage. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for EMT expenses, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area